Pages

Friday, August 26, 2016

Showers during the night

Yesterday we headed out just before noon to run some errands and have lunch out.  Our first stop was a pet supply store to pick up bird seed.  Then we slowly made our way to Rutland and the East Asian Restaurant.  We both like the choice of food there.  Once again we enjoyed a lovely meal.

When we left there we headed to Big Lots where we found a few items we had to take home.  One was a set of solar lights, ten lights for $17.50.  Pretty good deal if you ask me!

Next stop was Hannaford's for some groceries.  Once home everything was put away and we settled in for the rest of the day.

The Mailman left 4 packages and three of them were for us!  Our daughter sent a package with goodies for me including a Navy Woman Veteran hat, tea and catalogs.  Jim got a package containing bungee cords.  My other package was a card making kit.  The fourth box was for Scotty.  Sorry Anne, you didn't get anything.  We'll have to go shopping when you return!

Do you like the sound of rain on your roof?  In an RV the roof can be very close to your head in some sections.  We have a fifth wheel and our bedroom roof is just above our heads when we sleep.  

During the night I was awakened by the sound of rain.  No storm, just a lovely, drumming of rain falling straight down.  After listening for a bit I was once again fast asleep.

It was still raining when I got up this morning.  My first task, even before coffee, is to put the bird feeders out.  We don't leave them out because a few weeks ago we had a visit from a bear.  Having dealt with this problem in Colorado Springs I knew bringing the feeders in at night would discourage repeat visits.

Any way at night we store the feeders in the compartment hoping mice don't find them.  So far, so good.  This morning it was raining pretty heavy so I only put out the hummingbird feeder and one seed feeder.  Leaving the others in the compartment.  Alas, I left the door open and don't you know those clever birds thought it was a breakfast bar?  They left a wee bit of a mess.  I discovered this when I went to hang the rest of the feeders!  Nothing wrong with their eyesight.

The rain has passed and it's heating up outside with high humidity.  Think I'll stay indoors today and do laundry....it's sheet day!

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!