Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Winter has descended upon us

I did not want to get up this morning.  It was cold and I could feel little aches and pains from the exercises I've added to my mornings.  So I laid there trying to go back to sleep but alas it was not to be.  

First thing I checked was the outside temperature....54 degrees!  Now I realize that's not cold for Northerners but this is the coldest we've seen for a year.  I want to thank the Yankees for sending this cold air down to us!  It didn't help that the sun didn't come out until after 1000.

The inside temperature was hovering around 65 so we decided to test the furnace to make sure it still works.  It does!

There are a lot of coconut palms around here.  This one is located at the Marina.


On Sundays we usually head into Stuart to check out the Green Market and to walk the river boardwalk.  Not this week.  We headed that way and as we got closer the wet stuff falling out of the clouds got heavier so we skipped it and headed to the mall. Good way to get some steps in.  Do you have a Fitbit or other pedometer to keep track of your steps?  It's the latest thing you know!  Jim and I sort of compete.  Each day we share how many steps we've taken before we go to bed at night.  It's not often I beat him.

After we'd worked up an appetite we headed to Flanigan's Seafood Bar and Grill for some lunch.  Jim had ribs, baked potato and salad while I had a baked potato and black beans with rice.  We both had a beer.

We then headed home where Jim took a nap after loading the mattress pad into Sonsearae's dryer.  You see, before we left I had stripped the bed and was washing linen's.

While he slept I watched some football while futzing around on the computer.  I also walked Boo but neither of us wanted to stay our very long.  The cold air chased us indoors.

I love being able to do my laundry at home. I've done two loads this morning and not having to gather everything to schlep to a laundromat is heaven to me.  Do you have to?  I've done it and at this stage of my life and glad I don't have to.

Today we're cleaning out the fridge. To many containers of leftovers...they need to be eaten.  I try to eat leftovers for breakfast but sometimes I can't eat them fast enough.  This morning I had potatoes and gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!