Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Blowing Rocks Preserve

On Monday with all the sunshine we headed to the beach.  It was a beautiful day and even if it was a bit windy and chilly we enjoyed strolling along the beach and climbing over the rocks.  Who knew there were limestone rocks on the beach?  Apparently at extreme high tides the waves can crash against them and shoot 50 feet into the air!  I'm glad it wasn't happening yesterday as that would have been wet and very cold.  The Nature Conservancy has done quite a bit in restoring this shoreline, read more about it here.



I'm not sure what the surf temperature was.  Jim and I were wearing shorts and the wind was out of the north. The blowing sand stung our legs!  I don't think I would have enjoyed the water.  This photographer must love her job!








This inviting trail will be explored another time.  It runs parallel the shore northward.  I can see more visits to this unique beach because I want to walk the waters edge and take pictures...might need a water proof camera.

After all the fresh sea air it was time for lunch so we headed to Guanabanas for some yummy food.  We've been there a couple times and enjoy the outdoor dining along the waterfront.  During the day you can see boaters and paddle boarders.  The menu, as you can expect, is heavy on seafood.  I had a couple of shrimp tacos and Jim ordered fried shrimp that came with sweet potatoes and black beans and rice.  We both enjoyed a refreshing cold beer

After lunch we drove to the Post Office!  It's  the one where Sonsearae works and boy was she busy.  We didn't stay long.

We did make a stop at the drug store but didn't find what we were looking for so headed home.  As soon as we got home and changed Jim was taking a nap...not me...
 it was a banner day for me!  Our new vacuum cleaner arrived along with a box of goodies from KAF.  In the mail I also got a box of crafting goodies from Club Scrap!  Just like Christmas....

Speaking of Christmas, why do the retailers start it earlier and earlier each year.  I swear there was some advertising out before Halloween.  And now it's all about Black Friday!  A lot of stores have their sales going on now.  I get emails from some and it's terrible...the season isn't about buying.  Don't fall into the trap of overspending because of the advertisements.

In all of this advertising we lose Thanksgiving.  We have plans for eating out.  I hope whatever your plans are for Thursday you share your meal with loved ones and give thanks for all the blessings in your life

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!