Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Pine cones

How was your Independence Day?  We had a lovely meal with Chris and Sonsearae that included Grilled chicken, macaroni salad, corn on the cob, baked beans, some slaw and pickles.  I made lemonade because, after all, it was the 4th of July!  Sonsearae made strawberry shortcake and I provided brownies for dessert

No fireworks for us which is a good thing because it rained and I'm sure a lot folks were disappointed.  We watched fireworks on TV.

Have you ever noticed when it rains that pine cones close up?  I've had these three on the table since we got here and I'm fascinated that when we have a lot of rain they close up! The first picture was taken around 10 this morning.  It was a mostly cloudy day with some sun and light showers in the area.  We we gone for part of the day so I can't be sure if they got drenched again or just lightly wet.



Here they are just after 6 pm and as you can see they are still closed up.  The big cone on the right is from North Carolina.  When we drove south last year from Vermont I was pleased to be back in Pine country and picked it up as a souvenir.  


Check back to see what the pine cones do!

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!