Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Grammy Tribute to the Beatles

Jim only worked half the day cleaning cabins.  I did three loads of laundry.....

When he came home I fixed us a lunch of corn on the cob, leftover grilled shrimp and slaw (Jim), and a cucumber avocado salad for me.

Despite the fact that we had sunshine all day we spent most of it indoors. Jim did take Boo for a walk.  We could have sat out with our coffee if we wanted to wear a jacket.  

Did you see the Beatles Tribute last night???  

It was awesome!!!  

The only way it could have been better is if John Lennon and George Harrison could have been there too.  All of the chosen singers did an excellent job of the songs they chose to sing.  Ringo got the crowd hyped and had Yoko Ono on her feet and dancing.  Sir Paul ramped it up another notch with the set of songs he did.  

But wait!  

There was more with both Ringo and Paul singing together a couple of their favorites and ending with Hey Jude....I was in seventh heaven!!

Where were you 50 years ago when The Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan show?  I was in front of my black and white TV enjoying every minute.  Can you believe it's been 50 years?  Wasn't it just Yesterday?

34 days

Or 1 month, 6 days
  • 2,937,600 seconds
  • 48,960 minutes
  • 816 hours

2 comments:

  1. Well Linda Sherri and I have been married 40 years so yes I can believe it was 50 years ago. I too enjoyed the concert but I will have to say no one can sing the songs like the 4 of them could. Didn't John's oldest boy from his first wife write and sing?? I was kind of cool to see George's son up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John's son was in the audience sitting with Yoko Ono.I agree, No one can sing the songs better than the Beatles themselves. but it was glorious to see all the performers!

      Delete

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!