Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I won! and we visit El Galeon

I enter contests all the time and several times a year I win something.  This time I won just for posting on Facebook.  I love dates and Medjooldates is a favorite of mine.  I only wish I could order all the time but traveling puts a crimp in that.  


I just received this gold tin of luscious, ooey, gooey dates!  It's all I can do to limit myself to one or two a day.  If you like dates and need some, consider ordering from these fine people!  You won't be disappointed

Last Sunday the four of us, Kathy, John, Jim and I drove over to St Augustine to meet up with Sonsearae and Chris. It's Sonsearae's Birthday week and we got them started with the fun and festivities.  

We met them at the Columbia Restaurant, where we've eaten a few times but it was the first time for the others.  We've never been disappointed in the food and this time was no different.
After lunch we walked over to the Marina to visit El Galeon.

"Step back in time aboard El Galeón, a unique replica of the 16th Century Spanish galleon."  



El Galeon is the larger of these two ships


This little guy was staying on one of the boats in the marina


This egret is sporting some breeding plumage and wasn't having much luck finding his lunch


It's not possible to show you how impressive this ship is and I've only included a few pictures for you to see


Chris and Sonsearae



It was a breezy, cool day and I think everyone had a good time.  If you are in this area the ship is wonderful to explore.

After we left the ship we headed to a coffee shop for a much needed rest.  After this repast we all headed out.  We returned home while Sonsearae and Chris spent the night.  Monday they headed to Orlando and Disney World.  It is her Birthday week!

Monday Jim worked and while he was home for lunch, our washing machine came home!  He and Don wrestled the beastie into the house, hooked it up and lo and behold it works!  Apparently during one of the repairs a wire was nicked or loosened which was causing it to act up. Two months without it and I can truthfully say I'm a happy camper!

Jim is making a list of items we need to get done before we leave.....

52 days

  • 4,574,068 seconds
  • 76,234 minutes (rounded down)
  • 1270 hours (rounded down)
  • 52 days (rounded down)
  • 7 weeks (rounded down)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!