Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Veterans Day 2013

How many Veterans do you personally know?  Have you thanked them?

In my family there are quite a few and starting with my Husband, James P Goudelock USN Retired I'd like to thank them and list them here

Our daughter Sonsearae D Stanley USN
Jim's son William S Stoneback USN retired
Jim's Father Hugh J Goudelock USA Air Corp
My Father William C Reichow USA
My Paternal Grandfather George Reichow USN
cousins of mine
Fred Raby USN
Charles Jones USN
David Maynard USA

And any that I may have missed, I thank you!

Also to the families of Military personnel....they serve too, by holding down the home front and dealing with all the mundane, I salute you!  I've been there.

Whatever happened to the Vets who handed out red poppies on this day?  I guess WWII is all but forgotten...

I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, "Mother, what was war?"  ~Eve Merriam


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!