Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Memory is begining to fade....

Is this happening to you too?  I write myself notes so I can remember to blog about them....but half the time I forget to write the note!  I don't know why I can't blog everyday, it's not like I don't have the time...I always promise myself to do better, yet I put it off.

Last Monday Jim worked in the office all day.  The cabins have been standing empty lately, so I guess you'd call this the slow season.  It was sunny but cool, low 60's.  There's a cold front coming and predictions of freezes have me wondering about the winter here.  It's only November and they're predicting a freeze!!!???  Oh Well, time will tell

Tuesday was a rainy start and most of the day was gloomy.  I couldn't put it off any longer, we needed some groceries and I had an order to pick up at Viva la Verde.  I had gotten a sample of pecan butter and needed more.  This concoction is very good!  I even got some for Sonsearae.  So after making the bed and getting dressed I headed to Crescent City.   I was lucky and dodged the rain showers

While I was gone Jim vacuumed and dusted and did the breakfast dishes.  Gotta a love a man who helps with my chores!   Of course this wore him out so he took a nap and missed the appearance of the sun around 1400.

When I defrosted the freezer the other day I found a small steak and had mentioned it to Jim.  So he said he'd like to grill out sometime this week and I had it in my mind that tonight was the night.  The rain had mostly passed and the temperature was nice even if it was dark by the time we have dinner. I fixed twice backed potatoes for us and Jim fired up the grill....don't you know halfway through the cooking process the rain started coming down pretty heavy!  His steak was cooked, whew!  But it meant cleaning the grill was tricky.  Between showers Jim managed to get er done.  

Are you a Star Trek fan?  I love most of the series and watch them whenever I can.  Tuesday we watched a couple episodes of The Next Generation

The rain continued off and on all night as this cold front pushed through.  I like it when it rains at night, the gentle sound on the roof is soothing to me.  What about you?  I'm not talking about those storms that rock the rig, but a gentle coming and going of rain pattering on the roof.


105 days

  • 9,113,581 seconds
  • 151,893 minutes (rounded down)
  • 2531 hours (rounded down)
  • 105 days (rounded down)
  • 15 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!