Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Gorgeous Weather

On Tuesday I was up early enough to watch the sunrise.  Though with all the trees I really didn't see the sun until after it cleared the top.  But the sky was pretty enough to take a picture


Jim got up around 0800 and after reading emails and blogs and having his breakfast he headed outside to wash the truck.  It needed it, if you remember we drove in the rain on Sunday and again on Monday when we went shopping.  The weather was so nice he just kept on going!  Next were the trikes, they were quite nasty looking too.

When he finished with those he started on the rig taking a break for a sandwich.  I'm afraid that about did him in.  He went out after lunch but around 1300 he called it quits and took a nap.  Well deserved I might add.

Inside I did some paper crafting, making a couple Christmas Cards.  Worked on my coupons, clearing out deleted ones and sorting through new ones.  Do you use coupons?  It's getting harder and harder to find any I can use and I print most of those.  When I can I print as many as I can and stockpile.

I'm happy to report that Boo is doing a whole lot better.  No new hot spots and as of Monday no meds...so far so good.  He does have a bald spot on his head where he scratched off his hair but I'm hoping it will grow back.  In the past this has happened and it grew back.  I also gave him a bath to rid him of the calamine lotion as I'm sure some of that was causing him to scratch

We all went for a walk stopping along the way to talk to some of the folks who are camping here.  There are 21 sites and only 6-7 are filled.  It's very peaceful too.  We saw some children on Sunday when we arrived but I guess they were only here for the weekend.  As we were walking a flock of what we're calling geese flew over.  I'm not sure what kind, they were dark so I don't think they were Canadian Geese.  They landed on the water but were to far away to make out in the pictures I took

While sitting outside with our afternoon coffee we saw a huge flock of pelicans!  There had to be at least a hundred of them wheeling around in the sky.  It was awesome to see and I think the majority of them have moved on.  I've only seen random handfuls since then.

Dinner was a combination of leftovers, beef and noodles for Jim, plain noodles for me, a Southwest Chopped Salad from the Happy Herbivore and a new recipe of sauteed Brussels sprouts with apple, garlic and walnuts (very tasty).  

The sun was glaring at us through the dining room table and I had to pull the blinds to keep from going blind!  After dinner I went out and took a few pictures.  When I came back in I showered because Tuesday is NCIS night.  After my shower Jim helped by drying the dishes so I could sit and enjoy the shows

I could really get used to temperatures in the mid 70's during the day and 50's at night


2 comments:

  1. We were in Ark just a week ago working. One place I would like to try out is the COE park outside of Pine Bluff. It is on the Ark River with great views and good access to the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so far we haven't found a COE park we didn't like! We have haven't been to that one and may have to put it on the list of places to stay. The whole state Of Arkansas is lovely with hills and lakes

      Delete

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!