Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Football kind of day

Sunday morning started out cool but it was very pleasant.  After breakfast Jim went out and aired up the tires on the rig and truck in preparation for our drive to Tupelo tomorrow.  One of the tires on the rig apparently has a slow leak...

Even pleasure boats can be seen on the Mighty Mississippi!  We saw a few motor their way up river then float down.  I'm sure they were searching for a catfish for dinner.



The New Orleans Saints game wasn't being shown on our TV so we watched Eli Manning take his New York Giants to a win and that game ended in time for us to see the last two minutes of the Saints game!  They were in Tampa playing the Buccaneers  and I'm sure their fans we disappointed but not Sonsearae and Chris!  They drove down on Saturday to see the game, it was a first pro game for them and I know they enjoyed every moment!

I can't remember who played in the next game we watched nor the evening game.  But we watched and enjoyed our football Sunday.

One thing I'd like to mention about Tom Sawyer campground, they have to use a pump to get the waste water to go up over the levee.  Well there seems to be a problem with the pump and almost every evening we were there we could smell sewer gasses.  Every time we ended up closing the windows and turning on the AC.  

As long as I'm complaining I'd like to mention how I hate it when folks leave before the sun rises!  No matter how quiet you are there is noise....for the most part when we hear them, you know what they are and you can drift back to sleep.  But not when you have a dog!  Our dog let's us know about strange noises because he believes them to be a threat to us...For sure, no one will sneak up on us in the middle of the night.  But as I've mentioned before Boo sleeps right next to my heart and when he barks and things that go bump in the night I hear and feel it!

So I was up early yesterday when I needn't have been.  I had time to make a pasta salad for our lunch.  We weren't in a hurry to leave as our drive to Campground at Barnes Crossing was a short one.  I think we left just before 1100 and arrived just before 1300.  The drive was easy but we did hit some construction on Hwy 78.  Nothing bad enough to delay us and the road needs it.  Jim offered to stop for lunch but since we only had about 30 miles to go when he made the offer I told him to drive on.  

As we were approaching Tupelo Jim kept reading signs of restaurants, always a sign that we're hungry when we notice these signs!

From what I've seen of this campground it's pretty, especially with the fall colors!  It's a hilly location so the sites are stepped.  Also, I think the sites are a bit narrow but adequate.  Even as we were setting up I was taking pictures!  All of this Autumn color needs to be shared
 
 
 


All of this beauty is right on our site....

As soon as I could I grabbed some pasta salad and had a bit of lunch then got busy setting up inside.  After all these years it doesn't take long.  Once we set up we sat outside and had our customary beer and Jim asked about dinner...remember it's not even 1530!  Oh and he skipped lunch....I told him I could fix something and his face sort of fell...So I said we could go out and he chose Cracker Barrel.

I have to admit our dinner was good even if we ate it earlier than normal.  Jim had chicken and dumplins' with mac and cheese and smothered green beans.  I chose the veggie platter (new on the menu with more sides to choose from) with a baked sweet potato, cucumber, tomato and onion salad, fried okra and smothered green beans.  Cornbread muffins and biscuits came with it.  Jim had sweet tea and I had lemonade. Just half a corn muffin was leftover....LOL

We arrived back home around 1630 in time to enjoy a cup of coffee.  Now it was time to relax after that long, hard drive and delicious dinner

Not much on TV but I did watch DWTS.  This season isn't that interesting to me.

Neither one of us slept well last night and every time we woke up we could hear road traffic...hopefully tonight will be better.  

I'm doing laundry and Jim is outside cleaning the truck and rig.  Seems we found some bugs that committed suicide on the windshield and front of the rig



You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.  ~Douglas MacArthur
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!