Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Football, football and more football

I think Jim and I are about over the colds we caught.  My bout with it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  I only took meds for two days.  Of course Jim didn't have time to be 'sick', he was working.  Poor thing, he'd come home and nap.  We did a lot of reading while staying indoors and away from everyone.  We've heard that 'everyone' has had this cold!

I love this time of year and all the football games!  Playoffs can be so frustrating and exhilarating at the same time!  The Saints are doing well, but LSU lost the BCS last night to Alabama.  Both teams had a great season

Cooler weather has moved in but I don't mind as long as the sun stays out.  Today's high will be in the upper 60's.  We both like sleeping under the duvet when the nights are chilly.

I finally planted some lettuce in my big planter.  Seeds are starting to sprout and soon I'll have fresh lettuce!  Amy has a plot in the garden and the lettuce she gave us for Christmas reminded me of how good fresh can be.  Jim likes crunchy ice berg and I like leaf so a mixed salad of both is the way to go.

As many of you know, I'm going vegan.  Well I found a bouillon cube to make 'chicken' noodle soup.  Not-Chick'n by Edwards & Sons.  I don't think I told Jim it was vegan but he said he liked it.  I may never be totally vegan but I like not eating meat on a regular basis. It's not a problem at home.  Seafood can be a problem because I do like it.  Dairy products I gave up long ago.   Pizza needs cheese and when eating out I do have some.

1 comment:

  1. You are a better person than me...I can't give up any kind of food!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!