Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day 2011

the moon setting this morning

Today find a Veteran and thank them - Pick up the phone, walk across the street, stop by the USO or the Veterans of Foreign Wars VFW and let America's finest know how much YOU appreciate their service. Take a moment to teach a child how men and women throughout American history have sacrificed for all of us. Take this day and make it count!


I had both flags out early today to honor all Veterans, past and present but especially those who gave all
moon setting on this special day.....11 11 11

It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.
~Author unknown, sometimes attributed to M. Grundler

3 comments:

  1. I followed you here from your Postcrossing account as I sent you a postcard and wondered if it had arrived yet. I am in Australia by the way. Then I wondered how you receive mail if you're on the move all the time. Did you experience Katrina? Anyway best wishes from down under. sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for replying to me and I hope you have a great winter stay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Applebee's to get my free veterans meal. When we got there the line was out the door and around the corner.Oh Well maybe next year.

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!