Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Just a normal day

Not sure why I got up at 0530 but I couldn't go back to sleep. I suppose it would be acceptable if I could watch the sun come up, but that would mean I'd have to get dressed and walk or ride to the back of the resort. I'm not that motivated that early in the day!

Even Jim got up early. Around 0715! Usually I have to wake him. :-) The temperature was in the upper 50's and kept dropping for a couple hours. The sun did rise and was out for a bit then the wind picked up and a cold front came through.

I fixed scrambled eggs and fried potatoes for breakfast. I had some fresh pineapple with mine. On Tuesday a produce vendor comes by and he has reasonable prices. For three bucks you can get a pineapple and he cleans it for you.

After breakfast I got busy doing dishes and laundry. I also made a loaf of bread. I found a simple recipe and the dough is kept in the refrigerator. So far it's working great for fresh bread but if we start gaining weight I'll have to slow down my bread making...



These pictures were taken a few days ago, the palms in early afternoon.


The sunrises here aren't as colorful as Cedar Key but they'll do!

For lunch I wasn't very motivated so I fixed beans and rice. Not sure why something so simple can make such a big mess, but it did! While I was cleaning the kitchen and doing dishes Jim decided a nap was in order.

Spent I quiet afternoon with Jim. After his nap he putzed around with the solar lights and did some work on our screen door. We have plexiglass inserts so we can keep the door open when the ac is running. The upper one gives us problems in high wind. One time it popped right out! So he's trimmed it out with some painted dowels. He also put springs on it so it closes automatically and a bar handle. We had coffee outside but the breeze was a bit cool and we came inside.

Spent the evening watching TV and went to bed before 2200.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!