Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Critters

It's 5o'clock on a Saturday, the temperature is in the mid 80's. Some like this warm weather and others can do without it. Oh the wind is blowing too, but that's normal for this area.

Around 0900 this morning Jim and I went for a ride on our trikes. It's been awhile since we did a long ride and we could feel it when we headed into the wind. I guess we need to get out more! We did almost 7 miles round trip and I was huffin and puffin at some points.

On the was back we came across this critter....it was the only picture I could snap off before he headed into the brush. I don't know what kind of snake he is, maybe two feet long.

This pretty critter came by yesterday and some say it's a hummingbird moth but it doesn't look like any of the pictures I've come across.
The above critters are pretty to look at and don't bother me. But the mosquitoes we have this year are about to drive me nuts! Even with the wind and breezes we have they drive you indoors most of the time. And there are some bugs down here that don't like me that raise a welt that itches for three or four days.

Everyone knows I don't like spiders so they HAVE to point them out to me! The other night at the dinner for work campers I had a tarantula shared with me....ewwwww

When we got back from our ride I headed out with Anne to pick up some groceries. Why do we shop on the weekends? Walmart was crowded but I have to admit they did have more than the normal amount of cashiers on hand. Anne still needed a couple items that Walmart didn't have so we stopped at HEB, but after searching for a spot to park she decided she could do without them for today.

Back home I popped a pizza in the oven and Jim and I had that for a late lunch. I should have passed on it. I am mostly meat and cheese free and this pizza didn't set well with me. Smelled good! After I did the dishes I laid down for a nap....before long Jim joined me....that ride just tuckered me out....


May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond.
~Irish Blessing

1 comment:

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!