Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lazy Days

Our days are filled with mostly relaxing and minimal activities. Mornings I take care of my daily chores. Jim may tend to something outside before lunch.

The other day we went to the International Plaza, a mall near the Tampa International Airport. We popped into Crate and Barrel first (a stand alone store), what a cool store! I could see me shopping there a lot if I had room for all the doo dads and dishes. We then drove over to the mall, very nice with some high end stores and eateries we've never seen before. We had lunch at Brio Tuscan Grille and enjoyed every bite! Started with a quatro bruschetta which was enough to fill us, eight slices with four different toppings. Jim had lasagna with salad and I had crab and shrimp cakes which came with roasted veggies and crisp potatoes. We ended by sharing a tira misu and espresso.

Afterwards we walked around the mall, we needed to work off some of that lunch!

This tree is awesome! It's over in the area for tenters and I'm sure it offers good shade and coverage during storms. I don't know what kind it is but it but the trunk is massive
Our sunsets are usually colorful as there are a lot of clouds for the sun to filter through and bounce off of as it sets.
here are a couple shots from last night
Most of my views have power lines and it's difficult to get pictures without them. These shots we taken looking up!

I made some Spicy Pepitas last night that are so yummy! The recipe is from Mesa Americano by Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger

2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
1 t ground black pepper
1 t cayenne pepper
1 t cumin
1 t ancho chili or chili powder
1 t salt
2 t lime juice

Mix all this together and spread on a cookie sheet , bake for 5-8 minutes in a 350 oven.

YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!