Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

The Gang's All Here!

If possible, today was worse than yesterday in the weather department. Cloudy skies and colder temperatures. But no rain....and we could use some.

We didn't do anything exciting over the weekend. Just stayed close to home and inside mostly because of the cool temperatures. Saturday we had a gathering down at Diana and John's. I guess about 20 people with food and drinks. It was gorgeous weather and we didn't come home until it started cooling off around 1900.

That night the front started coming through and Sunday was gloomy with no sun at all. We watched football with a break at Barnes and Nobles before we went to the Clubhouse for the burger bash. I did not partake but instead had a salad while Jim had a burger, potato salad and beans with chips and cookies. We sat with Anne and Scotty and then Terry and Mark joined us and once everyone was there the managers Jeni and Don joined us. As usual we had a good time.

When I got up this morning it was gloomy outside and chilly inside. I turned on the fireplace and for breakfast I fixed blueberry muffins. After breakfast I made the bed and cleaned up the kitchen so I could mess it up again. Overnight I soaked some Navy beans so I could make a pot of soup. So I chopped and diced and mashed and for lunch we had soup!

After that was eaten and cleaned up we went to the Movies and saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I enjoyed it and I can't wait to see part two next year.

We learned this morning that our friends Karen and Dave would be arriving this afternoon and sure enough when we arrived back at the resort they were here and almost all set up. Linda and Dan were traveling with them and it was good to see them too. So, the whole gang is here, let the fun begin!

Not that we haven't had fun up to now but it can only get better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!