Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

San Antonio, Texas

Apparently writing this blog has not been on my list of things to do! We've been here a few days and we've done a lot of shopping! We went to the North Star Mall our first evening here. Rain? Jim drove through pouring rain in rush hour traffic Friday so we could have dinner at Luciano's. We both like this restaurant and had a lovely meal.

Then we strolled the mall and popped into the Apple store where we purchased not one but two I-Pads. Needless to say we had fun playing with them once we got home.

Saturday morning I was up early enough to view our beautiful sunrise. Jim was too but I think his I-Pad was calling him :)




We spent the morning playing with our new toys and in my case washing sheets and making the bed. After lunch we went shopping! Alamo Quarry was our destination. I needed to have my glasses adjusted and I wanted to stop in at the Whole Foods Market. We had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. The whole area was packed with shoppers and it was bumper to bumper around the shopping area.
Back home we just relaxed with our new toys and had leftovers for dinner. Oh, it rained again.
Today we spent the morning just hanging around and after lunch we went shopping! Well it didn't start out that way, but we did go to La Cantera, http://www.theshopsatlacantera.com/ to stroll the outdoor shops. I figured it would be fairly safe, if it started to rain we could always duck into a store and wait out any showers! Fortunately it didn't rain. But we did find another Apple store and we both got covers for our I-pads.
On the drive home we ran into some sprinkles and made one more stop at HEB to get a newspaper. It's Sunday and I need my coupons!
We had white beans with sausage over rice for dinner and we've been watching football all evening.
So now you know what we've been doing for the last couple of days. We're staying at the fam camp at Ft Sam Houston and it's pretty nice here. I want to take pictures but it keeps raining.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!