Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rainy Night

During the night we heard rain but it wasn't disturbing. But a thunderstorm woke us and I got up shortly thereafter. I looked outside and this is what I saw!


I guess the gentle rain we heard during the night lasted awhile but by 0730 the rain had stopped and the sun was shining. Of course with all this moisture and sunshine we had some wicked humidity!
After breakfast I stripped the bed and started doing the laundry. Washed the sheets then another load of clothes. Jim twisted my arm and he took me out to lunch. We drove into Corpus Christi and dined at Landry's in the Yacht Basin.
Jim ordered baked oysters and I had blackened sashimi, then we split a shrimp platter that had stuffed shrimp, grilled shrimp, lemon shrimp, blackened shrimp, rice pilaf and steamed broccoli. We ate all of it. Then had bananas foster for dessert. It was wonderful!
We stopped at Palmera Mall to walk off lunch and check the progress. Last time we were here there was construction going on. Other than the fact that it was cleaner it looks like a mall. There were scads of people there but that could be because it's Saturday and hot outside.
Back home it was time for coffee and some TV. We watched a bit of the Alabama game then Jim napped and I made the bed and folded clothes. While Jim was snoozing I was taking pictures
A flock of Long Billed Curlews flew in and I snapped pictures from inside






Cute birds

Early evening we went for a walk. The breeze off the bay was comfortable and we walked out onto the pier. Folks were fishing and crabbing.


this is the beach
Coming back we had to cross some puddles and while Jim and I walked around them Boo just plodded right through them! And I think he enjoyed getting all muddy!





Clouds forming offshore


I'm pretty sure those buildings on the left on on Padre Island



more pictures of the resident Jack rabbits





When we got home I gave Boo a bath and he looks a lot better. We didn't have dinner, just peanut butter and crackers.


I hope your day was as joyful as ours....







No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!