Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Padre Island National Seashore

Today was the day! We went to the beach......We've never been to Padre Island National Park so we drove out there and I must say it's lovely! After leaving the inhabited part behind we drove through unspoiled dunes and grasslands before we even got to the park.

There is at least one campground there and it's almost on the beach and depending on how you park your rig you can see the Gulf. no hookups but it would be nice to spend time there.






















After we strolled around and I took a gazillion pictures we left and drove to Mustang Island to have a late lunch. We went to Moby Dick's and enjoyed a cold beer and seafood. Jim had a fried seafood dinner and I had grilled mahi mahi, both came with fries and slaw.
Once home Jim took a nap, I guess the salt air just tired him out! I watched my soaps and entertained Boo and read for a bit. I'm enjoying my Nook!


I hope your day was enjoyable!



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!