Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Water, part two

As we travel we get to taste all sorts of water. Most of it is good and we have filters outside to make it tasty as well as another one at the kitchen sink. Jim notices the hardness or softness more than I do and frankly I don’t care, as long as it tastes good. Since we’ve been in Amarillo I have noticed that we no longer have cold water at the tap, this I don’t like. I grew up in the Detroit area and we always had cold water. It was only after I left home that I noticed the southern states do not have cold water at the tap. Another good reason to be in the mountains during the hotter summer months! Cold water….

Another issue we have with water is the pressure. We have a regulator and that helps especially when the campground has a lot of water pressure. Sometimes the campground doesn’t have enough pressure and taking a shower with a trickle is no fun and it takes the wash machine forever to fill!

The repairman didn’t come today and I really miss my wash machine! Hopefully tomorrow.

Do you have favorite brands? Coffee, bread etc. Sometimes you can’t find your brand in the stores. This was brought to mind yesterday as I picked up groceries. Jim likes Wonder Bread and we’re in Texas and I don’t think we’ll see it again for awhile. We’re back in yucky bread country! We’ll find good bread in the bakeries of stores but I think Jim will have soft, squishy bread for a long time! During our travels I’ve tried several brands of French roast coffee because believe it or not I can’t find Seattle’s Best everywhere. We also like Blue Runner Red Beans which I stock up on when I find them, also Pioneer Baking Mixes. So, what are your favorites?

Apparently, when you email it the text is larger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!