Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

This and That

Saturday Anne and I went to the Ellensburg Farmer's Market. For a small town it was quite a large market. Several booths of veggies and fruits. A table with honey and a lot of craft booth's with jewelry and homemade items. Anne bought some corn on the cob and I picked up some green beans, zucchini and beets.
Our home all set up at Yakima River RV resort. If you ever get to this area this campground is a pleasant place to stay. Darlene will make you feel welcome and answer all your questions and offer information about what to see.

Saturday afternoon Jim and Scotty went to tour a wind farm. I told Jim he should write about it because he related all sorts of facts and figures about it. He said it was very informative and interesting


Saturday we had a dinner of grilled pork chops, corn on the cob and green beans. Gotta love the farmer's markets!
Anne loaned us a movie to watch and Jim and I really enjoyed The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock.
Sunday we left Ellensburg for the arduous 78 mile drive to Soap Lake! We passed through the Ginko Petrified Forest State Park (didn't know there was one) and crossed the Wanapum Lake. Just on the opposite side is the Wild Horse Mounment and viewing area.


Wild Horse Monument...see those tiny horses? I'm sure they're metal sculptures. You can climb up there, but with a warning about rattlesnakes, we all declined.



The lake is quite big
We had lunch and then traveled through the town of George, Washington where you can stay at the Martha Inn. :) Anne and I speculated on whether they serve cherry pie with vanilla ice cream for Jim! We passed many fields that had signs telling us what they were growing! I wish all farmers did this because sometimes you see the plants and wonder what they are growing.


Last night we all had some leftover meats to eat so Jim grilled the zucchini and Anne made mashed potatoes. I had chicken, Jim had steak and the Scott's had pork chops.
We have Internet and TV here but no cell service. Not that I get many phone calls but I do use my phone to keep in contact with Anne via texting. I guess we'll just have to open the windows and shout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!