Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

We left Laughlin, Nevada around 0915 yesterday and the drive to Boulder City was short and uneventful. We didn't stop for lunch and both of us were hungry when we arrived!

Once we had lunch Anne and Scotty picked us up and we headed to Hoover Dam. I have to admit it's pretty impressive. While Jim, Scotty and Anne toured the facilities I stayed outside and people watched. I can't begin to tell you how many languages I heard! Does my heart proud to know that folks from around the world come to see our sites.










Most all of these pictures were taken by Jim. In the photo above you can see a new bridge being built. It along with the highway will allow travelers to bypass the Dam. As it is now, the traffic can be quite heavy and with the pedestrians can be slow going on the dam itself.













































On the way home we stopped at Albertson's for a few groceries. Back home Jim I made a dinner of grilled chicken and stir fried veggies. I did the dishes then we walked over to visit with Anne and Scotty. They are staying next door at a 'state park' type of campground. It's beautiful but no hookups! The picture to the left of the flowers was taken there. These bushes were all over the campground and came in several colors!




The sun setting gave us some beautiful shots of the mountains and lake. I only had my phone camera so I really didn't try to take pictures. This one has a sailboat right of center, can you see it? :)
We showered, watched some TV and Jim was in bed by 2130. I followed 30 minutes later. The long day tired us both out.




"I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one
Edna St. Vincent Millay, Afternoon on a Hill"

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!