Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Traveling to Pahrump!

I love the name of this city! Pahrump! Reminds me of the little drummer boy, pah rum pah pah pum. :) On Monday we left the Lake Mead/Las Vegas area around 0820 for the short drive to Pahrump, Nevada. The Drive was only 77 miles but over a mountain or two or three. I lost count. Most of the way we were on Highway 160 and as you can see from these pictures the mountains were diverse.





I wanted to leave early because the last SKP park we stayed at closed for lunch and you couldn't check in. Didn't want to have that problem with Pair a Dice SKP park here in Pahrump. No problem! We were here and all set up by noon! LOL Our site is narrow and Jim did a fine job of pulling in without hitting all the markers that line each side. Being a SKP park there are 'sheds' which most have turned into rooms with ac etc. Each has a patio enclosed on three sides.






































Once we settled in Jim and I napped. Getting up so early and driving over mountains just wore us out! Late afternoon the Scott's joined us and we went to the local Walmart for some groceries. Dinner was grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn with some cole slaw.
I watched Dancing with the Stars and enjoyed the dancers.
Yesterday we pretty much hung around the campground. Anne and Scotty got their Hughes net set up. The guys made a run to the hardware store. I did some laundry. Around 1500, after my soaps I joined everyone outside. It was lovely sitting out and enjoying the nice temperatures.
Again Jim grilled supper. Turkey tenderloins wrapped in bacon for us and the Scott's had steak. I made a veggie packed pasta salad and along with slaw and olives we had a fine dinner. We lingered with our wine until 2100.
Anne and I have wandered around the campground and I've got some pictures to share with you next time I post. A rose blooms in this desert!
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves ~ John Muir"

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!