Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Movin On

For some reason I awoke very early this morning. I finally got out of bed around 0430. Made some coffee and turned on the fireplace to take the chill off. It was 51 outside and before the sun came out it dipped down to 49.

I was as quiet as I could be but Jim got up at 0600! Doesn't happen very often. We both caught up on emails and blogs and when the sun peeked over the horizon we had a front row seat. Jim took the first two pictures. Would you look at those colors!




I took this picture through the bushes and it's not as good. I can't say it warmed up quickly but Jim braved the low temperatures and went outside to get us ready to travel. I started inside and we were ready to roll by 0830. We bugged Anne and Scotty for a few minutes then drove off without them! Heading west on Highway 90.
Since we didn't have cell phone service we couldn't keep in touch with them. We stopped at an overlook for a few minutes. Then another stop in Langtry. My phone was loosing it's charge so we got my cord to charge it in the truck. When we pulled back out on 90, there they were! Right behind us. Still no phone service.
As we rolled through the hills we'd get a signal, then it would disappear. We finally got a decent signal and we made reservations at Balmorhea State Park. We got the last two sites for the weekend. http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/balmorhea/







the farther west and north the higher the elevation



Not as pretty as Colorado Springs but lovely to me.


We arrived at Balmorhea State Park around 1300 after one stop for fuel in Sanderson. $3.07 for diesel. We also had a sandwich to tide us over. After all breakfast was real early!

This is our covered patio, I'm hoping the bushes have some birds in the morning.


This looks like a poppy to me and it was near the office

Felicia and Ferdinand are comfy cozy over at the Scotts.
We had some noodles for dinner then dessert across the street with Anne and Scotty. We did a little planning on our trip but I was way to tired to care any more. Once home I showered and that perked me up a little.
I'm going to watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and I think I'll have some popcorn to go with it.
We need to find a grocery store and Jim says the nearest Walmart is 33 miles away.....


"The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one. ~Erma Bombeck"




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!