Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Falcon State Park

Knowing our journey wouldn’t be a long one there wasn’t any hurry to pack up and leave this morning. We had some breakfast and then got busy. Jim headed outside to dump the tanks and I started on the inside.

I start in the bedroom making sure all is battened down and snug. Plants go in the shower. Then I do dishes and move the chairs so I can bring in the slides. Magazines and table top items get stowed along with the booze and wine glasses. Then I head to the kitchen to dry and put away the dishes. Since we’ve been parked for several months I needed to cushion all my breakables. It really doesn’t take long. I made a couple of sandwiches and grabbed the pretzel rods for our trip.

Jim said he wanted to leave about 1000 and I was ready by 0930. So I took Boo for a walk. He doesn’t like the truck and travel day is stressful for him. Jim was slowly making sure he did everything correctly and trying not to get sweaty.

We left Bentsen Palms RV Resort around 1030 making a couple stops to say goodbye to friends. Sunny skies and wind….but it is Texas and wind is always a presence.


Highway 83 isn't much to look at in some spots. After you get through the few towns and cities it looks lonely. I did see some interesting cemeteries, I wonder how old they are and what history could be learned from those who are buried there.

The drive was uneventful and short. We were all set up by 1330. Since we ate in the truck we didn’t have to worry about lunch! those white blurs are trailers and 5th wheels. This part of Texas looks like what we left in Mission.




Jim checked out the showers after he had a cold one. I’ll be using our shower. No sewer hook up here but I can do a GI shower

Frederico and Felicia are on the look out for snakes. There was a warning at the office!
We had a lovely dinner of hot dogs, tater tots and deviled eggs. Washed down with a cold beer!
It's windy here and clouds have moved in.



Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe. ~Anatole France

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!