Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

This and That

I had an early appointment at the VA center so last night we set an alarm. Awful way to wake up! I'm so glad we don't have to do that often... :)

My appointment didn't take long and soon we were on the road home. Since I didn't have breakfast before we left we decided to have breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. Mind you, Jim did have a bowl of cereal along with his coffee before we left the house.

Jim had French Toast, eggs and bacon, coffee and orange juice.
I had a egg white omelet with sliced tomato and tomato juice. Oh and hot green tea.
After our lovely breakfast we headed home. After changing into our 'lounging around' clothes we checked our emails and caught up with friends on their blogs. I made the bed and did the dishes. Jim headed over to the wood shop and worked on a music stand for a couple hours.
With such a big, late breakfast we really didn't have a need for lunch. I snacked on some nuts while I watched my soaps. The day was damp and overcast so I decided to make some biscotti to go with my afternoon coffee. Anne and Scotty came over and joined us for this snack.
For dinner we joined the Scott's for pulled pork, slaw and beans. I made some bread sticks and we took a bottle of wine. Everything was tasty!
Tonight we went to the clubhouse to see and listen to Bo Rivers, http://boriversmusic.com/. Quite entertaining!

I took this picture right before we left and it's a bit dark because it was getting dark outside. But I loved the raindrops on the leaves. Spring is in the air!
Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer. ~Geoffrey B. Charlesworth


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!