Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

cloudy skies and warmer temperatures

Not much going on around here to get excited about. Yesterday we along with Anne and Scotty drove over to La Hoya High School and spent a wonderful two hours watching the talented teens dance and perform. Did I have energy like that when I was in high school? There were dances from around the world and the Mariachi band performed regional tunes. Their Folklorico program is fantastic! The Fine Arts department has talented and insightful leaders. They do this every year and I can't wait to see what's in store for next year.

When we left there we headed to Pizza Hut for beer and pizza. We had a good time and I for one stuffed myself! There were left overs to bring home. Ten bucks for a large pizza is a good deal.

Spring is here! We're greening out and flowers are popping up all over the place. The roses especially are gorgeous. The freezes didn't seem to affect them at all.
This bush is beginning to blossom out. not sure what the name is. but orange flowers on silver leaves it makes for a pretty bush

This rose just begged me to take a picture of it! :)
This morning I saw my doctor and was given the good news that my cholesterol numbers are way better than last December..so for the time being I don't need to take medication as he suggested last time I saw him. I have to go back in November.


A profusion of pink roses bending ragged in the rain speaks to me of all gentleness and its enduring. ~The Collected Later Poems of William Carlos Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!