Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Beautiful day!

You know, we're retired and Jim and I don't really pay attention to time. We do have a wall clock but we don't wear watches because we don't care what time it is. Well I needed to be up this morning for an appointment at 0845. Since it was for blood work it didn't matter what time I got up because I was fasting. But Jim needed to get up in time for coffee and maybe a bite to eat before he drove me to the VA Center. I was up at 0530! I woke Jim at 0715 and he had plenty of time for coffee and a bowl of cereal. We left at 0800 heading east on highway 83 thinking we'd hit some rush hour traffic. Needless to say we got to my appointment with time to spare.

After my blood was drawn we left and I ate a breakfast bar while Jim headed to Sun Harvest where I picked up a few groceries. That didn't take long....and we were on our way home.

First thing after greeting Boo was making a cup of coffee for me! I changed clothes and put away the groceries.

Anne came over and suggested we get Subway sandwiches for lunch....sounded good to me because I didn't have much of a breakfast! Around 1130 we drove down to Conway and picked up our sandwiches.

Jim and I ate outside on the patio. Then it was time to head back indoors to continue with the laundry and I wanted to watch my soaps. Jim did the dishes and then headed outside.

Around 1630 I made some coffee and Anne joined me for coffee on our patio. Before long the guys joined us and they had cold drinks. While sitting out enjoying the nice weather Pat and Vern drove up and before you know it we had a part going on! It was just before 1800 when we finally split up and went inside....it was getting chilly out there sitting in the evening breeze. I can't think of a better way to spend a couple hours!

For dinner I baked us a potato, roasted some veggies and made a salad.

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. ~C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!