Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

We have sun!

Finally a nice day! The sun slowly burned off the clouds enough to warm it up enough to sit out side this afternoon. Jim resealed the hole in the roof. Hopefully that will take care of the leak. I sat trying to do crossword puzzles but I wasn't having much luck so I switched to a book. No go there, I kept thinking of things I needed to do....

So I got the grooming arm out and did some trimming on Boo, he's getting a bit shaggy. Then I resumed my watch from my chair. Jim and I sat and talked, had a beer. Dan stopped by, then Anne joined us and then Amy stopped by.

Anne and I had plans for happy hour and needed to make a run to HEB and Walmart. We made it back just in time for Happy Hour!


Boo relaxing after his short stint on the grooming table.

my cactus pot


even the flamingos were enjoying the sun!



my herb pot




Jim enjoying my company





my lettuce pot is very overgrown!






most of the bushes around here got frosted pretty good but the rose bush is going gangbusters

For happy hour we had little smokies, tater tots, mini quiches, bread and dipping oil, some cheese and crackers and turtle brownies. we sat outside and enjoyed every bite. We heard taps from the RGV Veterans Cemetery and heard the coyotes join in.
Then Dave and Karen came by and the Three Amigos (Dave, Jim and Scotty) had a jam session with their dulcimers. It was interesting and we all sat out until the skeeters chased me in and I guess everyone else too! It was getting dark anyway.

This is Jim's dulcimer and he's doing well in learning how to play it.


Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!