Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rain, Rain and more rain!

I think this winter in the Rio Grande Valley will be one that RV'ers and winter Texans will talk about for awhile. Between the frigid, cold weather we have bouts of rain! I can't remember the last time we wore shorts. Oh well, this way we're wearing out our winter wardrobe! :)

We've not seen the sun for a few days due to the rainy weather. Starting this evening we'll be in a flood watch.

Of course this means we stay inside all day and in small quarters that could be dangerous! It's a good thing Jim and I like each others company. LOL Jim has been reading a lot. Are you familiar with the TV show Bones? Well Jim decided to read the books by Kathy Reichs that the show is based on. He's already up to book 9. I just started to read 1491 by Charles C Mann.

We do have 'outside' activities. Yesterday was the weekly margarita hour. Everyone brings a dish to share and if you don't want margaritas you bring a drink. I was surprised to see as many people as we did last night. I guess everyone needed to get out. It was announced that the staff had set up for 108 people but more than that showed up. Before we went I fixed some brisket and sweet potato fries so I didn't have much just a piece of fudge and some tidbits. Jim had a margarita (only a dollar) and a plate of sweets. We had a good time and at least twice I was brought to tears laughing so hard!

Tuesday we went to Tinseltown and saw Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey. Not bad! Of our group I think I liked it the most. Everyone seem to find something about it that they didn't care for. Not a bad way to spend a drippy afternoon.

Last night we watched reruns of NCIS then Jim watched Leverage with Timothy Hutton. I decided to read in bed. Don't get me wrong, I like the show but I just wanted to relax and read before sleeping.

I hope the sun is shining for you today. Make sure you tell someone you love them!

"The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side" Margaret Carty

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!