Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

No improvement on the weather

It rained all night long! We had deep, deep puddles everywhere when I got up at 0700. It was chilly inside so I turned on the furnace and it took about an hour and a half to warm us up to 68 degrees!

Jim got up at 0800 and had SOS for breakfast, I had toast and orange juice. I cleaned up the kitchen so I could mess it up again :) Over night I soaked some great northern beans. Along with smoked ham hocks, diced ham, onions and carrot I made a pot of bean soup to keep us warm! There's enough to keep us warm tomorrow too! maybe with some corn bread.

Jim did up the dishes and cleaned the stove. Sometimes I'm not very neat when I cook!

We spent the day just hanging around together. We both spent time on our computers. I did a couple loads of laundry and worked some on my Afghan. Around three I put some meatballs and spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker for Margarita Hour at the clubhouse. Something hot was just what we needed! I asked Anne if she was going (she hates cold weather) and she agreed and even drove us (still raining!). Before I forget, Anne gave me this plaque for my birthday. It hangs by the door so we see it every time we look at the thermometer and when we leave the house.

This was the best picture I could get of it. My camera put to much flash on it so I used my phone camera.

It was nice getting out of the house but it sure was cold in the clubhouse, even after everyone arrived. Chocolate seemed to be the theme today and I even brought home some fudge. After we ate our fill we chatted with friends and made plans for later in the week. Back home about an hour later.

We've been watching TV, Bones and now I'm watching Ed Begley on Planet Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!