Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

How was your Christmas?

Ours was wonderful! I was awake but stayed in bed for awhile just enjoying the quiet. Of course I was staying warm too! It got a wee bit chilly last night and I really didn't want to get out of bed. When I did, I turned on the furnace then made my coffee. My intention was to let Jim sleep and around 0800 I was going to put the cinnamon buns in the oven to make the house smell good, then wake him. But Boo decided Jim needed to get up!

Once he was up he started giving me gifts....great way to start the day. :) We had fun exchanging our gifts. Speaking of gifts Sonsearae sent us popcorn! It was a gift basket with organic popcorn, oil, salt, seasoning and trail mix all packed in a popcorn bowl from Eden Foods. Popcorn is my favorite salty snack! I like it almost as much as chocolate which Jim gave me as part of my gifts today. My loved ones know my tastes!

After breakfast we just slowly started our day. We had plans to eat out so we played games and watched Good Morning America. Parts of our country got hit with some cold, snowy, rainy weather.

We left around 1330 for dinner. We ladies looked pretty spiffy and our men cleaned up real good too! We were the first to arrive at Hayashi and we went inside (to cold outside to wait for our friends) and got seated at our table. We had just ordered our tea when the rest of our party showed up. There were eight of us, Anne and Scotty, Pat and Vern, Diana and John plus Jim and I. Pat and Vern had never been to a hibachi table and it was fun watching them enjoy the show the chef put on.

Sharing a meal with friends on this Christmas day was perfect! Each family took some food home but that was mostly because we ladies couldn't eat the amount of food that is served.

We got home shortly before 1700 and both Jim and I fixed coffee...then Anne came over to remind us to come over for happy hour. Dan brought down all the ingredients for margaritas! I had my coffee while others drank delicious margaritas. It was really chilly (low 50's) and we were sitting outside. I think several couples were invited, but only a half dozen folks showed up. We did get to hear taps played from the RGV Veterans Cemetery with the coyotes chiming in. Shortly after that Jim and I came home.

We watched The Librarian, Quest for the Spear and Iron Chef. Now it's time for bed

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!