Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Our Thanksgiving

I was up fairly early this morning and enjoyed my morning coffee in solitude while reading emails. It was chilly and I turned on the furnace to take the chill out of our home on wheels. I let Jim sleep and he got up around 0845. I had a late breakfast of cereal and juice.

Anne and I walked down to the garden to see if the rain made anything pop up. Still not much growing down there. More beets and beans have popped up. Our tomatoes are doing well and that's good to see!

Back home Jim was watching a Bond movie and when that ended he turned on the Packer/Lion football game.....not much fun watching Detroit play...

The resort provided turkey for today's dinner at the clubhouse, with residents bringing side dishes, but Anne can't eat chicken or turkey so we had dinner for the four of us on the patio. Steak and scallops, garlic mashed potatoes, acorn squash, stuffing, roasted cauliflower and broccoli, cranberry sauce, relishes and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Oh we had wine also!

Our table looked really pretty set with my tablecloth and napkins, Anne's dishes and tulips that Anne picked up at HEB
we used this table to hold the food

this is Jim's pie with all the whipped cream he could get on it!


Not sure if this little guy came for dinner or just to watch



this fly didn't mind me getting up close to take this picture of him chowing down on some cranberry sauce!
Great food with wonderful friends, life is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!