Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

1st official Margarita hour

We both slept well last night under the comforter. Not sure how cold it got but it was 48 when I got up just after seven this morning. Inside it was only 55 so I turned on the furnace!

I woke Jim at 0800, I had a bowl of cereal with blueberries and my trail mix for breakfast. I think Jim had cereal too. Today was strip the bed day so that's what I started on after breakfast. Jim headed outside to do the black tank.

Since Fred stopped by and cancelled Jim's help on the truck, some sort of speaker problem. Anyway Jim wandered next door and helped Scotty and Vern work on Anne's refrigerator. Not exactly sure what the problem was, but apparently the fridge part wasn't cooling enough.

Anne and I walked down to the garden looking for butterflies to take pictures of. My camera was dead so no pictures to share with you. Our gardens are still lacking in plants. But we gave them a soaking and we're hoping for the best.

I stayed home and worked on laundry this afternoon. I also baked an Apple Cider pound cake for Margarita Hour. Watched all my soaps and read some of my book.

Jim came home long enough to make a sandwich for his lunch which is what I had also.

Around 1645 we headed to the clubhouse for Margarita Hour. Every Wednesday this event happens. Margaritas are only a dollar and everyone is supposed to bring a dish to share. Deviled eggs, chips and salsa, some sort of pizza like thing, meatballs, shrimp cocktail, smokies in BBQ sauce, smokies with a bacon wrap, and other goodies I can't remember. Announcements are made and there is a 50-50 raffle. Today's winner took home $53!

We were home by 1830 and the sunset was real pretty.

Despite the cold start to the day it turned out nice, blue skies with bright sunshine and not to hot.

Hope your day was a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!