Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Glorious Day!

The temperature dropped into the 50's last night and I slept soundly....we used the quilt and no ac. But Jim was warm and turned the ac on during the night. It would be nice to open a window, but Boo hears everything and keeps us awake.

I was up shortly after 0700 this morning and the temperature outside was 54. Pretty nippy but I had to put out the bird feeders. Once the sun gets over the ridge it starts to warm up nicely.

We had sunshine all day. I think it warmed up to 84....

We had grilled salmon, corn on the cob and steamed green beans for our mid day meal. Along with a bottle of Riesling. Life is good!

Jim watched golf most of the afternoon and I started reading a new book, Lamb by Christopher Moore. So far it's a funny read.

Around 1600 (after golf!) we joined Marilyn and Ed around their fire pit. Not sure what they had to drink but we had iced water. The temperature was great and there was a nice breeze blowing. About an hour later we all went inside. Boo likes his evening meal on time!

No dinner for us after that big lunch. Jim had some ramen noodles and I had a bacon and egg sandwich. Jim did the dishes while I took a shower.

I watched a fascinating show on Nat Geo, Drain the Ocean. Now I'm watching the Travel Channel, the show is about China, Beyond the Wall.

Should be good sleeping again tonight. mid 50's again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!