Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cloudy Skies

The rain that moved in last night and chased us indoors lingered for a few hours. After I went to sleep it didn't bother me in the least!

When I got up this morning the clouds were still with us and the constant drip, drip, drip of the mist falling off the awning is what woke me. When I went outside to hang the bird feeders I placed my cactus plant under the drip! I don't remember what the temperature was inside. But outside it was 49 and I turned on the fireplace to take the chill out of the house.

Most of the morning was gloomy but the sun did come out for awhile and Jim and Ed played golf. Apparently the Wii Tiger Woods golf is a bit more difficult to play. But they're having fun! When they finished up their match it started to rain and hail! The hail wasn't as big as the last storm but it cooled things off quite a bit.

I did a couple loads of laundry and watched my soaps. We watched a DVD of Visions of Ireland...makes me want to visit that island!

We're driving up to Pikes Peak tomorrow and taking a lunch. Ed and Marilyn will be going with us so I know it will be fun.

Shrimp Scampi for dinner tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!