Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hot Afternoons

When I got up yesterday I decided I needed a haircut....so I asked Jim if he wanted to go with me to the mall. He said yes but first he wanted to wash the truck. No problem, I had a few things I wanted to do. so we made plans to head out after lunch.

I did the dishes, a load of laundry and vacuumed the house. Jim shook the rugs.

After lunch we headed out. Jim made a stop at a 'car' shop for something or other. Then we went to the Citadel Mall. The first salon I spotted had a 'grooming' package....that didn't sit well with me. I get Boo Groomed..... so we started walking and found another salon and made an appointment for a haircut. Once I got the haircut we left the mall.

Stopped at Wal-Mart for bird seed and a few other items, then home.

Changed clothes, put away our purchases and got a cold drink and joined Marilyn and Ed outside to 'chill'

Ed just relaxing with a cold drink
Marilyn just listening to the guys

Jim looking good! :)
I guess we chatted for about an hour then split up and went inside. I fixed us a dinner of leftover pork loin and stir fry Chinese cabbage, onion and green peppers.
We watched the final episode of Torchwood....in bed shortly after 2200....
This morning I stripped the bed and began to wash the linens. In all I did three loads of laundry. I sat outside and read my book for awhile. Inside for lunch. Early afternoon I turned on the AC and read and worked on my coupons.
Jim finally had enough of the heat and came in, shaved and joined me on the lounger to read. We watched part of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid then part one of Elizabeth staring Helen Mirren.
About this time, 1530 or so it started to rain. Our afternoon showers don't usually last long. But today it did and our plans to have onion soup with the Drays was cancelled :( We'll try again tomorrow.
So I fixed ham and biscuits for our dinner. While eating another bird hit our window. I checked and it was down. I went outside to tend to it and discovered it was dead. But while sitting there a deer wandered into our site! She was helping herself to a drink from the bird station, then turned her head and took a lap of seed from the feeder! I quietly got up and came inside for my camera. By this time she had gone down the incline and was munching of the greenery.

Hope you like these shots!










I was able to take 10-12 pictures but not all turned out well


And I'm sure the deer has brown eyes!
The sun did come out just before sundown. The temperature is around 64 and I love it. The rain cooled us off and made it smell good outside.
We're watching TV and getting ready to have ice cream and sorbet.....Life is Good!





























No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!