Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

More Nashville

First I wanted to share a picture with one of my sand dollars. If you recall I had found two of them and I was at a loss as to what to do with them. We put one on our inside welcome sign. The other is outside and I really need to get a picture so I can show you.

We went Nashville again, downtown this time. I saw on the map they have a riverfront park. So we went in search of it. We found it, across from all the 'famous' bars and I have to say I wasn't impressed with the park. A lot could be done with it but today it had mostly homeless looking guys hanging around. I could smell dead fish. Fort Nashborough is there, http://tennesseeencyclopedia.net/imagegallery.php?EntryID=F043, just a replica but they've put bars up everywhere to keep folks from getting to close.


Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville. Jim took this picture and in the background you can see the AT&T building

The Cumberland River


Ft Nashborough cabin



Another Cabin

Plants like these were everywhere, the city was quite lovely


Across the river is The Titan Stadium and this sculpture. No matter where we go we find these odd sculptures.
We had to drive around to find a parking spot for our truck. Parking meters everywhere and fee parking lots. We found a free spot.....then we walked down 2nd street, but it's just full of clubs and restaurants. Only a few shops.
We both had seafood for lunch, fish and chips for Jim and I had fish tacos, we both had a nice cold beer to wash it down. Sat outside and watch traffic and people go by. We walked back up the street and stopped in one shop that sold western wear and boots. Oh My! even discounted and sale prices were ridiculous!
Our drive home was a long one, part of I-40 east was closed. Stopped and fueled up at $2.18 a gallon. It was to warm to sit inside so we sat outside for awhile. Jim did a few things to get ready for our trip tomorrow. We're heading over towards Memphis in the morning.
Dinner for Jim was leftover stir fry and I had a hot dog. We're watching a Harry Potter movie. Perhaps I should make popcorn!






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!