Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dinner with the Scott's

Not much going on here. Just a typical day in the Rio Grande Valley.

Yesterday I had an appointment at the VA so I didn't do much of anything before that. I had to walk down to check the mail because I had a flat tire. I stopped and talked with Carole and Fred. No mail! but at least I had a nice walk. The weather was perfect.

My appointment was for 1100 so we left around 1030, the drive was uneventful and we arrived to find parking a breeze! Usually we have to hunt for a space big enough for our truck. Inside I was processed quickly and was seen by the doctor in no time at all! I'm good to go until we return in the fall.

We stopped at Olive Garden and had soup and salad for lunch. We always enjoy that. Jim gets the potato soup and I get minestrone. we both had water this time.

No more stops, just straight home. As I watching my soaps I smelled something wonderful coming from Anne's rig. She was making pulled pork for our dinner last night. Just after 1600 we got to taste it! YUM! along with a salad, french bread and a cold beer we had a lovely dinner. Oh, we also had grilled pineapple, double yum! After we cleared the table Anne brought out some cookies and the guys polished them off.

Home by 1800 and in time to watch Jeopardy. I showered, Jim showered and we ended up watching reruns on CBS. I guess we should have watched a movie.

After going to be around 2200 we found out it was to 'hot' to sleep with the down comforter. We had some windows open but we both ended up with just the sheet covering us. Tonight we'll take the comforter off and use the quilt.

We're heading back to the flea market today to pick up our screens and then off to Progresso with Anne and Scotty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!