Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

33th Tourist Day in Nuevo Progreso


That's what the sign says! Boy was it crowded! A lot of the Winter Texans have left our resort and I assume the same is elsewhere, but there sure are a lot of us left....Jim and I, Anne and Scotty and Karen and Dave went to check it out. We saw a lot of the same vendors but the street was blocked off and there were stages everywhere with entertainment.
Street Scene, I love the colors of some of the buildings

Jim and Dave hamming it up for the camera!


Scotty had to get in on the fun!



Mariachi Band




Dancers having a good time





A quartet performing
You'll notice there are no pictures of the ladies. Jim took all these pictures and he was rarely with us! He and Scotty forged ahead while Dave remained behind 'guarding' the ladies while we shopped! Karen bought a hat and skirt, I bought some jewelry (of course!). It was thirsty work and I had to buy a beer, a Dos Equis was only a dollar.
We all had fun just strolling and enjoying the festival. Once we'd seen everything we left. Karen and Dave stopped at the liquor store and we four crossed over the border and headed for home. We made a stop at a Chinese Buffet and stuffed ourselves. Once home I did a load of laundry while Jim took a nap. I sat outside with Boo for awhile
Dinner wasn't required but I did make some pancakes. We also watched the movie Appaloosa. That's how our Saturday went.
Sunday I did a load of laundry. Anne and I went grocery shopping and I brought home a pizza for lunch. But I forgot about the ice cream social and we barely had time for a slice before we had to leave. I took my own while most everyone enjoyed a root beer float.
We had happy hour with Anne and Scotty. We always enjoy our time with them. Once we went inside Jim and I had the pizza for dinner. Wasn't much on TV and I watched Nat Geo most of the evening.
The wind has been blowing and Sunday night we slept with the ac running. I'm still sleeping way later than I should be and I can't figure out why. At least I'm not waking with a backache anymore since I let some air out of my mattress.







No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!