Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Gosh we've been busy! Sometimes I don't know if I'm coming or going...

Sunday was a gorgeous day, temperatures in the 80's and ideal for biking. I started with a short ride to pick up a newspaper, need to get my coupons!

After a late breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes and fruit salad we tidied up and went for a ride in Bentsen State Park. I wanted a log to make a peanut butter feeder. So Jim and I headed over with the saw wrapped in a towel. It didn't take long to find a downed limb and cut a section.

As we were riding around we ran into friends at the Hawk tower! Ed, Marilyn(the happy wanderers), Ginger, Jesse (Kram a lot Inn) and others we've met we're chatting and having a bit of lunch. It's fun to run into friends like this. We talked and exchanged hugs and we rode off leaving them to continue on their ride.

Once home Jim drilled holes in our log and mounted it on the fence. I still haven't had any birds at my feeders. I think the construction of the levy has kept them away. The work was supposed to be done by the end of December, now they say the end of January. Sure makes it noisy around here.

At the ice cream social Sunday afternoon we trikers all decided to go on a bike ride in the state park. There are five of us and Dave rode his bicycle. It's a great way to enjoy the outdoors! I think we did about 6 miles, maybe more. But we had a good time chatting....

Back in the resort we split up and Jim and I stopped at Carol and Fred's place. Jerry and Karen were there and we all enjoyed happy hour until almost sundown. It's ever so much fun spending time with Carol and Fred and getting to know new friends.

Monday cold weather arrived. I don't think it made 60. We didn't have any place to go so we made the decision to stay inside. Until Jim said he needed some beer! Off we went to HEB and only picked up needed items. Back home we had pizza for lunch. Our freezer isn't big enough to hold pizza so once you buy it you have to cook it :)

Can't recall if we did anything else.....

Yesterday Boo had an appointment for grooming, so after we had coffee we were off to PetsMart to drop him off. Then we headed over to the mall. First we stopped at a pancake house for some breakfast. Jim had the buffet and I ordered two pancakes. The coffee was weak but the food was good and cheap.

At the mall we just wandered stopping and looking at things. At Dillard's Jim made an appointment for his spa treatment to coincide with my hair appointment. Next week we'll both be looking gooooood! LOL

It didn't take us long to walk the mall but we still had time to kill, so we drove back to PetsMart and Jim went into Office Max and I walked around PetsMart. Soon I was able to pick up Boo and then we had to get Jim's attention through the window!

Once in the truck we were on our way home. It was warming up and we changed into shorts. Jim rode off to check the mail and I stayed home to watch soaps. That didn't last long! Jim came back saying Fred and Carol were on their way down for a brief visit and then we were expected at Anne and Scotty's for happy hour and here I was stuffing my face with bruschetta! Jim decided he needed a bite to eat and made himself some.

Soon Carol and Fred arrived bearing gifts. Carol had bought us a belated Christmas gift. It's a big Fleur DE Li's and it's sitting on the desk. I'll have to get a picture of it. Boo hasn't decided if he likes it. Last night when he saw he barked at it and did his huffy trick.

After they left if was off to visit with the folks next door. Drinks flowed and Anne set out snacks so that by the time we left we didn't even want dinner. All total, there were eight of us plus 4 dogs! It's always fun when we get together with friends.

Once home I turned on the hot water heater so we could shower. NCIS was coming on soon. I got my shower in but Jim waited until the Mentalist was on. I had a bit to eat but didn't really enjoy my sandwich and only ate half of it. I did the dishes. We turned on Leverage with Timothy Hutton and I couldn't concentrate on this show so I went to bed. Jim stayed up....have no idea when he came to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!