Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years Day

The day was gorgeous! I stripped the bed and washed the linens. Jim did some outside chores and after lunch went for a ride over to the state park. On the way home we stopped at Carol and Fred's and chatted for a bit. We invited them down for happy hour

I set out some snacks and stuffed celery with cherry tomatoes and Jim and I enjoyed a couple beers. Carol came down without Fred and admired our new chairs and the surround on the tv. Shortly thereafter Fred rode his bike down. I guess he got lonely or the football games were boring! After checking out the chairs he joined us by having a cold one. Carol declined drinks. Not sure how long we sat out but they left around 1730. We tidied up outside and came indoors for some dinner. Can't remember what but it was probably leftovers.

Yesterday was another hot day in the RGV. Mid 80's I'm sure after a cloudy start. I don't recall doing anything exciting....dishes, bed making etc. I did make a run to HEB for groceries. Jim stayed behind to work on our solar flag lights. He's mounting them on some wood and shortening the wires.

I brought home pizza for lunch! First good one we've had since we arrived. Not as good as Rustica Pizzeria in Old Colorado City! But it will do until we can get back there next summer.

I spent the afternoon indoors watching my soaps and staying cool. Jim rode off and visited folks. He made plans with Fred to head into Mexico today. Teeth cleaning and lunch at the Red Snapper. Prolly do some shopping too!

We watched Iron Man last night....I'll bet there are plans for more of these movies. It was ok, but I played cards on the puter while watching. We were both in bed by 2215.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!