Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fruit Salad


Monday was domestic goddess day for me! I spent a lot of time in the kitchen making a fruit salad consisting of strawberries, blueberries, oranges, and kiwis Very pretty and yummy! I also made a Greek salad consisting of tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and green pepper. Also very tasty. Then I put some white beans on to soak so I could make bean soup.


While I was doing this Scotty and Anne came over and installed the surround they made for our TV. I no longer have to look at the construction behind the TV! It looks ever so much better.


Jim helped with this and when they were done it was time for lunch. Greek salad for me but Jim went outside and did chores. I chopped onions and celery for the soup and added my seasonings. With the ham this soup was beginning to smell mighty good!


I watched my soaps and did some laundry. Happy hour found us next door with Anne and Scotty. Me thinks we stayed to long as the sun was going down when we left. But they are a fun couple and we enjoy chatting with them. Once home we had some bean soup for dinner. YUM!


Some TV time and games on the puter rounded out our day.


Yesterday I needed to pick up items for our New Year's Eve party. So after doing dishes and making the bed I went to HEB. Jim stayed home and worked on projects outside. He also got the bottom board attached to the bottom of the TV surround. The picture isn't very good but it's the finished look. I brought home some shrimp cocktail for our lunch, I also had some Greek salad.


Again I watched my soaps and caught up on reading blogs. Did some dusting and tidying up. Around 1600 I decided to sit outside with a book. I had my coffee and Jim had a beer. We walked Boo for a bit. When we came back Jim decided my company wasn't enough and we headed next door to Scotty and Anne's. Anne was carving on a little dog. She's doing a good job!


We had a drink with this lovely couple and Anne brought out cheese and crackers. We left around 1800 and headed home for dinner. Leftover ham, beans and rice and a bowl of veggies (carrots, celery, radishes and bell peppers). We ate our fill! Jim helped with dishes.


Our days have been overcast for the most part and the temperature goes up to 70 or thereabouts. It's been very nice. Last night the low was in the upper 60's. We slept with the fans running and it was OK most of the night. Doesn't seem to matter what we do I always get hot and sweaty and need to throw off the covers.


Today is Ed Drays birthday! Being it's the last day of the year I'm sure he'll be celebrating! Happy Birthday Ed! May you have many more

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!