Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Down in the Valley

We left San Antonio around 0930 yesterday taking I-410 east to I-37 south. This part of the trip was swift. Once we got onto Highway 281 south it got a bit boring. Or perhaps we were just eager to get to Mission. We made one stop for lunch. All the way down we passed or were passed by other RV'ers! Winter Texans and Snow Birds were heading south for the winter.

We arrived around 1500 and only two rigs were in front of us checking in. We didn't have to wait long to get to our site. Jim drove and I walked so I could say hello to Carol and Fred, our neighbors from last winter. They arrived yesterday. I didn't stay long because I knew Jim would need help backing in. Not sure I was much help as it took several tries!

We hadn't finished setting up when Carol and Fred came down for happy hour. We sat outside with our drinks until the sun went below the horizon. It gets chilly when the sun goes down! We decided to continue our conversation and fun over dinner. We went to a local place, Juancho's but they're not open on Mondays. So we headed back east on Highway 83 to BJ's Brewhouse. Everyone had pizza except me I had fish and chips. We also started with some nachos. The food was good as were our drinks. But more importantly, we had fun with our friends.

By the time we got home it was time for showers, a bit of relaxing and then bed.

Gee it's good to be back in the Rio Grande Valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!