Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Beautiful day!

Tuesday was a gorgeous day! Temperature got up to at least 85. The sun was shining and I was making chicken stock! Well I needed to do something with the carcass of the roasted chicken...

After breakfast I was off to the office asap because I wanted to get my package from Sonsearae, it had my birthday present and I wanted to see what she sent. We rode our bikes and soon we were back home. The box contained magazines and catalogs too. But tucked between these was a small package and my beautiful daughter sent me a hand crafted necklace and earring set. Green mother of pearl and silver. I put it on and it's lovely!

For lunch we had the pasta from BJ's, I just kicked it up a notch! Sauteed some onions and mushrooms in a bit of butter, added the last of the chicken and some broth, tossed the pasta in and sprinkled it with some Tony Chachere seasoning. YUM!

Did normal chores around the house waiting for Carol to return from shopping so the four of us could head out to Rancho El Charco for my birthday celebration. I guess it was around 1400 when Fred let us know that Carol was headed home. So Jim and I got ready. It was to hot to wear our cowboy duds so we just put on shorts and sandals. We were driving so we drove down to their place and waited for Carol. She finally made it back and changed into a lovely outfit and we were off to have some fun. But first she handed me a box with a card. They gave me a necklace and earring set with a funny card as a birthday gift. We were all looking forward to repeating the fun we had last spring at our going away party. We drove all the way out there only to find they are closed on Tuesdays! :( Bummer :(

now where should we go? We all had suggestions but we finally ended up at Carino's in Pharr. Had a lovely dinner of lobster ravioli, Carol had artichoke pasta and the guys got a skillet pasta dish with shrimp and sausage. Jim and I shared some sangria and Fred and Carol had margaritas. We all had dessert but mine was a mini tira misu, easy to eat! Bread pudding with ice cream is what Fred and Jim decided to try and Carol had turtle cheescake.

We had a wonderful time with our friends, good food and drink, what a great way to celebrate my birthday! But we forgot to take pictures!

We drove home in the setting sun and it was beautiful to see the colors.

The wind started blowing aroun 2000 and around 2100 we decided to put the awnings up! It was really blowing and continued all night long. It was still 71 degrees outside when we went to bed so we had the AC running. Overnight it got cold, really cold for us! So the furnace was on in the morning!

Crazy Texas Weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!