Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Tucson, Arizona

Wednesday we shopped and explored. First was a trip to the BX and Commissary, we're at the famcamp on the Air Force base. I wanted to get my shopping done because the end of the month is payday. We brought our purchases home and put them away. Jim wanted to lunch at Olive Garden so that's where we enjoyed soup and salad.

After lunch I found a salon within walking distance and I got a haircut. Jim found a neat store that required my presence! It had some really neat chairs, easy on the back but he says they're to expensive. Since the Whole Food store was on this same street we headed there. Obvioulsy I didn't need anything but it was nice being in a WF again! It was a small store and I expect it used to be a Wild Oat store. There were Wild Oat brands on the shelf.

Thursday we went to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. www.desertmuseum.org
We met Christine east of downtown around 0800 and she drove us over the mountains to the museum. The drive is beautiful and she said everyone comes out to Gates Pass for the sunsets. We'll have to try it one night.

Jim and I both were gob smacked! This museum is indoors and outdoors. The walking tour is facinating. There were some things in bloom but I'll bet it's gorgeous in the spring. We had lunch at the cafe when we finished with our walking tour. by this time it was warming up. We did a few more things indoors and then it was time to leave.

Friday morning we did a few chores had lunch then it was off to the VA Hospital for my appointment. I'm happy to say that the 'problem' I had is resolving itself and I just need a followup appointment when we get to the Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!