Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Glasses

Our first order of business was to get me a new lens for my glasses. Since we had planned on being here only a week this was the first thing we did yesterday. So we headed over to northeast San Antonio to the Quarry. I bought my glasses here last December and I found out that they'll replace the other lens at no cost! They said that way the lenses would match in color. Cool....Jim decided to have his eyes examined and he's getting new glasses and the lens replaced in his sunglasses. We told them we were only here a week and they said they'd try to get them all done. But we've gone ahead and extended another week. We'll just skit the beach. :(

I also wanted to get another pair of jeans at Chico's and I did find a pair. I must remember NOT to take Jim with me, he's a great enabler! I bought more than a pair of jeans!!!! After all the trying on of clothes I was hungry so we headed to Piatti's.

We had a wonderful lunch. Jim had a pannini and I had a Cesar salad. We started with bruschetta and we both had a glass of wine. While we were waiting for our meal the waiter came over and asked if we'd mind being filmed. Apparently a news crew wanted to follow him around while he worked. Needless to say we had excellent service but alas, no freebies. LOL

It was 1600 by the time we got home so I can honestly say our first 24 hours in San Antonio has been expensive! I guess we'll stay home today.

The weather is gorgeous. I think it got up to about 80 yesterday. It was in the 50's overnight. The sunset last night was a pretty apricot color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!