Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cold Weather

On Friday our weather turned cold! Barely reached 60 during the day. Jim managed to get the bugs off the front of the rig in the afternoon but that's all he did for the day. I probably did laundry and watched my soaps. Can't really remember! It was a good day to stay indoors and read.

Saturday we got up early, well Jim did, I was up at my normal time! We signed up for breakfast at the clubhouse and we enjoyed sausage, eggs, hash browns, biscuit and juice. I've an online friend who's here and she's doing the cooking. Diana Enns is her name, some of my readers may know her from yahoo.

After breakfast we came home and tidied up the living room and made the bed. Then it was off to find a post office because I have a package to mail to Sonsearae and I need stamps. Well after two attempts we gave it up! The maps aren't exactly to scale and I guess the locations are an approximation. Since we couldn't find them Jim started heading towards a mall. At least I think so as we sure weren't heading towards home. But he got a call that his sunglasses were in so we headed to the Quarry since we were halfway there. He got his sunglasses and I turned in my glass so new lens could be fitted. Then I went shopping!

After I finished getting my undies we went to lunch at the Canyon Cafe. I had tortilla soup and Jim had shrimp tacos. very good! Santa was there and everyone was having a good time with the jingle bells and antlers they were handing out. Children were having their picture taken with Santa and there were a couple of folks making balloon animals.

By the time we finished lunch my glasses were ready so back we went and I had them fitted. We then went over to the Smith and Hawken store, what a lovely garden store! I'm glad we no longer have a sticks and brick home because this store would be one of my favorites for outdoor furnishings.

The weather was still nasty with clouds and some drizzle as we drove home. We made a stop at the Pet Barn to pick up some dry food for Boo and then it was time to stop at the HEB that Marilyn and Ed like so well.

HEB was crowded with shoppers so I'm glad I only needed a few items and could get in the express lane. Jim didn't even come in with me because it was crazy in the parking lot too.

Didn't do much for dinner, I had some sushi and Jim had cheese and crackers. Not much on TV so we watched Dr Who and Graham Norton (Robin Williams was his guest).

It's still overcast and gloomy and cold....not sure if we'll venture out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!